Which one are you ?
One important one that effects individuals every day is the Diffusion of Innovations.
This theory â€œ seeks to explain how innovations are taken up in a populationâ€ according to Les Robinson from â€œ A summary of Diffusion of Innovations.â€
There are 5 different segments of diffusion of innovations.
1. Innovators- The adoption process begins with a tiny number of visionary, imaginative innovators
2. Early adopters: Once the benefits start to become apparent, early adopters leap in. They love getting an advantage over their peers and they have time and money to invest
3. Early majority: They are followers who are influenced by mainstream fashions and wary of fads. They are looking for simple, proven, better ways of doing what they already do.
4. Late majority: They are conservative people who hate risk and are uncomfortable with your new idea.
5. Laggards: They hold out to the bitter end. They are people who see a high risk in adopting a particular product or behavior